TV, Comic Books
In Your Face Jam
The Buy Pile
Comics Should be Good
Feb 11, 06:16am
Feb 11, 06:12am
Feb 11, 06:01am
Feb 11, 05:58am
Feb 11, 04:41am
Feb 11, 04:37am
Feb 11, 02:43am
Feb 11, 02:01am
Feb 11, 00:44am
St. Charles, MO
* Artist Joe Jusko dressed up as Captain America for the cover of a comic book.
* Jonathan Frakes used to dress up as Captain America for conventions.
* The shape of Captain America’s shield was the result of another comic book company.
* Martin Goodman was paid money for a Captain America movie that he never shared with Joe Simon or Jack Kirby.
* Mark Waid took his name off an issue of Captain America because editorial changed his story after approving Waid’s script.
* Fiorello LaGuardia personally promised protection to Jack Kirby and Joe Simon from death threats.
* Captain America #249 was not approved by the Comics Code Authority because it featured a suicide.
* Captain America once had a metal-laced skeleton.
* J. M. DeMatteis planned to kill Captain America during his run on the title.
* Marvel came out with a Broadway musical starring Captain America.
* Chuck Dixon was the original writer on Heroes Reborn Captain America
Email Address: (not published)
Comics Should Be Good accepts review copies. Anything sent to us will (for better or for worse) end up reviewed on the blog. See where to send the review copies.
Home | News | Columns | Reviews | Video | Blogs | Forums | Find A Comic Shop
© 1995-2016 Comic Book Resources. All Rights Reserved.
Report a Bug | Advertising | Contact