Comic Books, Film
The Buy Pile
Comics Should be Good
Jul 23, 20:40pm
Jul 23, 20:15pm
Jul 23, 20:07pm
Jul 23, 19:59pm
Jul 23, 19:35pm
Jul 23, 19:28pm
Jul 23, 19:18pm
Jul 23, 19:13pm
Jul 23, 19:12pm
* Swamp Thing is a rip-off of Man-Thing/Man-Thing is a rip-off of Swamp Thing.
* Marvel and DC own the trademark of the word “Super Hero.”
* The first Marvel/DC crossover was The Wizard of Oz.
* The original ending of Marvel vs. DC involved the two companies swapping two characters, but this ending was changed due to external pressure.
* John Byrne got the idea for Darkseid vs. Galactus from a fan.
* The first appearances of the Squadron Supreme in the Avengers were “crossovers” with the Justice League of America.
* Neal Adams redrew a significant portion of Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man.
* Freedom Fighters and The Invaders had an unofficial crossover.
* DC once asked Marvel Comics for a page of Jack Kirby’s New Gods artwork when they needed a copy for reference work.
* Marvel and DC taking turns making crossover comics resulted in George Perez missing out on X-Men/Teen Titans
* The sequel to Batman: The Cult became a Punisher mini-series.
* Marvel and DC only trademarked “superhero” because Mego trademarked it first.
Email Address: (not published)
Comics Should Be Good accepts review copies. Anything sent to us will (for better or for worse) end up reviewed on the blog. See where to send the review copies.
Home | News | Columns | Reviews | Video | Blogs | Forums | Find A Comic Shop
© 1995-2016 Comic Book Resources. All Rights Reserved.
Report a Bug | Advertising | Contact