TV, Comic Books
Film, Comic Books
Comic Books, TV
The Buy Pile
Comics Should be Good
Jul 24, 22:52pm
Jul 24, 21:56pm
Jul 24, 21:37pm
Jul 24, 20:38pm
Jul 24, 20:20pm
Jul 24, 20:11pm
Jul 24, 18:30pm
Jul 24, 17:48pm
Jul 24, 16:57pm
Orange Park, FL
* John Byrne left Jack Kirby off of the 20th anniversary cover of Fantastic Four.
* Walt Simonson based the concept of the Time Variance Authority in his Fantastic Four run on the Time Lords from Doctor Who.
* The Human Torch was replaced by H.E.R.B.I.E. in the Fantastic Four cartoon because the network was afraid that kids would, inspired by the Torch, set themselves on fire.
* Steve Englehart protested an editorial decison by Marvel by using the pseudonym John Harkness.
* When Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Steve McNiven began work on their Fantastic Four run, it was intended to appear in the pages of the regular Fantastic Four
* John Byrne’s first Fantastic Four work as writer/artist originally was meant for a Coca-Cola giveaway.”
* Marvel had a special insert in an issue of Fantastic Four because they irked the Nixon Administration.
* Chris Claremont was going to bring Kitty Pryde into the cast of the Fantastic Four.
* Fantastic Four was snuck on to the schedule against the terms of Marvel’s distribution deal.
Jim Shooter was the moving force behind Jack Kirby being removed from the cover of Fantastic Four #236.
* False rumors about a new comic book resulted in the creation of that very comic book.
* Marvel put intentionally misleading covers on the first two issues of Fantastic Four.
* John Byrne almost followed Walt Simonson on Fantastic Four!
* Marvel Adventures: Fantastic Four #12 was an intentional knock-off of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
* Walter Simonson compiled a list of all the appearances of Doctor Doom in comics and determined which ones were actually Doom and which ones were Doom-bots.
*The Fantastic Four were going to wear masks originally.
Steve Englehart came up with an interesting plot to protest his exit from the Fantastic Four.
Email Address: (not published)
Comics Should Be Good accepts review copies. Anything sent to us will (for better or for worse) end up reviewed on the blog. See where to send the review copies.
Home | News | Columns | Reviews | Video | Blogs | Forums | Find A Comic Shop
© 1995-2016 Comic Book Resources. All Rights Reserved.
Report a Bug | Advertising | Contact