Tilting at Windmills
The Buy Pile
In Your Face Jam
North Little Rock, AR
*DC had a Superman storyline set during the Holocaust that did not mention the word “Jew” or “Jewish.”
*Superman once got into trouble for spilling American nuclear secrets.
* Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, the Daily Planet and Kryptonite all appeared on the Superman radio show before they ever appeared in the comic book.
* Superman’s secret identity was made up by combining the first names of two popular pulp heroes.
* Orson Welles once teamed up with Superman.
* In the comic books, Superman was declared 4-F because he accidentally read the eye chart in another room with his X-Ray vision.
* The Super-books were not going to marry Clark and Lois until the TV show got involved.
* Doomsday made his first appearance during the end of the “Panic in the Sky” storyline.
* Nazi Germany once took it upon itself to rebut a Superman comic story.
* Batman and Superman began to team-up because of inflation
* Jerry Siegel had Superman reveal his secret identity to Lois Lane in 1940!
* The Superman radio show first came up with the idea behind kryptonite.
* DC got the idea behind Brainiac from a “make your own computer” kit.
* Lex Luthor went bald due to an artist’s mistake.
* Joe Kelly did not originally intend for his Zod to be Russian.
* The Superman story in Action Comics #1 was made up of a cut up comic strip.
* DC produced in-continuity Superman comics specifically for Germany.
* Superman battled the real life Ku Klux Klan on his radio show.
* Marv Wolfman used a rejected Lex Luthor revamp on Vandal Savage, instead.
* Smallville was established in a Superboy comic as being located on the East Coast.
* A man wanted DC’s permission to get plastic surgery to look like Superboy
* DC gave Superman new powers to aid them in a legal struggle.
* DC had no idea that the Death of Superman would be such a big deal.
* DC pushed back Superman’s return once they saw the big deal his death caused.
* Batman and Superman appeared on Sesame Street.
* The dentist of the Superman movie’s producer’s wife auditioned for the role of Superman.
* There was purple Kryptonite.
* Jack Kirby was okay with DC redrawing his Superman faces.
* DC redrew Superman’s face on a comic drawn by the same person who designed Superman on the popular Super Friends TV series.
* A doppleganger of Superman created in a special Superman comic was originally intended to be the way for Superman to return from the dead after his death against Doomsday.
* Marv Wolfman got his job working on the Superman animated series not because of his comic work, but because of his Garbage Pail Kids work.
* The Superman radio show had a drastically different origin for Superman
Email Address: (not published)
Comics Should Be Good accepts review copies. Anything sent to us will (for better or for worse) end up reviewed on the blog. See where to send the review copies.
Home | News | Columns | Reviews | Video | Blogs | Forums | Find A Comic Shop
© 1995-2015 Comic Book Resources. All Rights Reserved.
Report a Bug | Advertising | Contact