Comic Books, Film
Film, Comic Books
The Buy Pile
Comics Should be Good
Jul 23, 12:52pm
Jul 23, 12:47pm
Jul 23, 12:39pm
Jul 23, 12:28pm
Jul 23, 12:22pm
Jul 23, 12:17pm
Jul 23, 12:11pm
Jul 23, 12:06pm
* Marvel changed the names of X-Force, Deadpool and Cable to avoid paying Rob Liefeld royalties.
* Destiny and Mystique were intended to be Nightcrawler’s parents.
* When Len Wein created the “All New, All Different” X-Men, he created Thunderbird with the intention of killing him off two issues later, which is what he did.
* A character once escaped from X-Men custody in 1977 and did not have the plot resolved into another comic book…thirteen years later!!
* Dazzler’s life was saved by Marc Silvestri.
* Kurt Busiek came up with the idea for Jean Grey’s return.
* The woman who was the titular basis for Kitty Pryde has since changed her name due to unwanted comic book fan attention.
* Apocalypse was originally going to be the Owl.
* Wolverine was initially intended to be a genetically mutated wolverine.
* Wolverine’s costume was patterned in part on the uniforms of the Michigan Wolverines football team.
* Almost all the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club were based on famous actors, both visually and titularly
* Dazzler was created as a cross-promotion between Marvel and Casablanca Records.
* Colossus was originally intended to be Ferro Lad’s brother.
* The Scarlet Witch accidentally appeared in an issue of X-Men in place of Storm when John Byrne was drawing both books.
* Right before becoming an X-Men, Nightcrawler was going to be a member of the Legion of Superheroes.
* Igor Kordey once drew an issue of New X-Men in a week.
* Grant Morrison took an old French character out of the public domain and made him an X-Men character.
* Ed Brubaker came up with the idea behind there being a secret team of X-Men before the All-New, All-Different Team.
* Scott Lobdell didn’t want Storm to be a killer, so he brought Marrow back to life.
* Wolverine originally was going to kill Sabretooth – 25 years ago!
* Scott Lobdell became the writer of Uncanny X-Men by happening to be walking in the right place at the right time.
* Storm was the result of combining two characters, one of whom could transform into a cat!
* Mr. Sinister was originally envisioned as the product of the mutant mind of a child.
* Gambit was originally intended to be a villain.
* Chris Claremont intended to return Colossus from the dead, but was halted by editorial.
* The idea for Magneto ripping Wolverine’s adamantium out of his body came from a joke suggestion made by Peter David at a X-Writers conference.
* Marvel re-wrote the ending of the X-Cutioner’s Song because they decided not to reveal Cable’s origin at the end of it as the originally planned.
* One of the members of Youngblood was originally announced as a cast member of the New Mutants.
* Marvel had Dave Cockrum redraw the X-Men in an X-Men guest appearance in a John Byrne-drawn issue of Iron Fist.
* Marvel got rid of the X-Ternals because of threats of litigation by the Highlander folks.
* Scott Lobdell introduced Onslaught without knowing who or what Onslaught was.
* Larry Hama’s origin for M and Penance was not what Scott Lobdell originally intended for the characters.
* James Cameron got the idea for The Terminator from “Days of Future Past.”
I could have sworn there was a Urban Legends collum about Gambit originally being intended to be a bad guy.
Can’t seem to find it anywhere on the site?
Am I remebering things that haven’t happened yet again?
No, but I’ll add it now.
Email Address: (not published)
Comics Should Be Good accepts review copies. Anything sent to us will (for better or for worse) end up reviewed on the blog. See where to send the review copies.
Home | News | Columns | Reviews | Video | Blogs | Forums | Find A Comic Shop
© 1995-2016 Comic Book Resources. All Rights Reserved.
Report a Bug | Advertising | Contact