8 Marvel Movie Fights That Kicked All the Ass
Comic Books, Film
Welcome to the latest installment of your breath of snark free air!
TEN COOL THINGS DONE BY GEOFF JOHNS!
I liked last week’s bit, so I think I will use it again, this time to come up with ten good things I think Geoff Johns has done!
10. Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. was a fun comic book series.
9. I really liked the way he worked
the Wonder Twins Wendy and Marvin (thanks, Graeme!) into the Teen Titans.
8. Johns’ Wonderland arc on Flash was a really well-told story – it would have made a great mini-series.
7. The return of Hawkman was handled quite well. I like how Johns uses the re-incarnation angle, which was part of the original origin of Hawkman!
6. Johns wrote a really fun issue of Superman involving baseball. One of the best baseball-themed comics of all time!
5. Booster Gold has been enjoyable!
4. I have enjoyed the return of the original Legion. You can certainly argue about the methods of their return, but their return, in and of itself, has been cool.
3. The Mirror Master spotlight issue of the Flash was handled well – a fine take on a cool Morrison character.
2. The spotlight issue on Captain Cold in Flash was amazing, especially considering that I did not even necessarily like Johns’ take on Cold, but he did it so well that it ended up great anyways.
1. Stargirl, from Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. (and now Justice Society of America), is one of the best new characters from DC in the last decade of comics!
COVER THEME GAME
As always, here is the game. I show three covers. They all have something in common, whether it be a character, a trait all three characters share, locale, creator, SOMEthing. And it isn’t something obvious like “They all have prices!” “They all have logos!” “They all feature a man!” etc.
In addition, please note that you must have some familiarity with comic book history to correctly guess these comics. You cannot guess the connective theme just by looking at the covers solely, you must have some knowledge beyond just the covers.
A cool point to the first person to figure it out! NOTE: For the sake of this week’s game, we’re talking Post-Crisis continuity!
SNARK FREE CHALLENGE
What is the coolest comic book storyline involving time travel?
THE COVER GAME
This week’s game is as follows…
Find me a cover featuring Superman’s skeleton!
Here is an example (which you can’t use!)…
Remember, only one cover per commenter!
NAME THAT ISSUE GAME
Here is a BRAND-NEW game!
I give you three panels, and based just on these three panels, you have to tell me what comic they came from (it’s not as hard as it sounds)!!
Well, that’s it for this installment of Snark Free Corner.
Hope you had fun!
Comics Should Be Good accepts review copies. Anything sent to us will (for better or for worse) end up reviewed on the blog. See where to send the review copies.