Vaughan & Chiang's "Paper Girls" Builds a Familiar Yet Disconcerting World
Okay, here’s the game – I give you ten phrases – each phrase corresponds to a comic book title (each title has at least two words in the title). Name the title that corresponds to each phrase! Yay!
“There’s those two titles you were looking for, Outlaw: Champions of Kamigawa and Heretic: Betrayers of Kamigawa!” = Books of Magic (They’re both titles of Magic: The Gathering novels).
1. It’s only that guy Scott who’s dating that Ramona Flowers girl!
2. See, I told you! If you hit the door hard enough, it WILL open!
3. Boy, that guy from Chuck and Firefly sure is odd!
4. Man, where the heck is Xavier’s kid?
5. That magazine will never stop listing the sexiest man alive!
6. Look! There’s Alge Crumpler and Chris Simms!
7. She likes to help stop both poverty and hunger in the world!
8. I must be hallucinating, because I see Elizabeth II walking with Denmark!
9. D’oh! I knew this would happen when I left my cheap gold lamp out in the rain!
10. Is that Peyton and Eli’s dad hanging out with some buddies of his?
Comics Should Be Good accepts review copies. Anything sent to us will (for better or for worse) end up reviewed on the blog. See where to send the review copies.