Universal Options "The Wicked + The Divine" for TV Adaptation
Here is the latest cool comic book moment in our year-long look at one cool comic book moment a day (in no particular order whatsoever)! Here‘s the archive of the moments posted so far!
Today we look at an early moment from Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch’s Authority!
Okay, here are the basics to understand the coolness of this moment…
1. The Authority are no-nonsense superheroes who live on a giant inter-dimensional transport ship known as The Carrier.
2. Kaizen Gomorra is an evil bastard (but fairly stereotypical villain) who has genetically engineered a bunch of superpowered terrorists to destroy various major cities.
3. The Midnighter’s power is to know how to hit things to stop them.
4. Bryan Hitch is good at drawing “widescreen” action, and not a lot of comics had such action at the time.
5. The Authority is trying to attack Gomorra, but he is protected by a force field surrounding his island nation.
That’s about it.
For better or for worse, this was one of the most influential moments of the late 90s, as it influenced a great deal of other comic books after the Authority to try this style of widescreen action.
Comics Should Be Good accepts review copies. Anything sent to us will (for better or for worse) end up reviewed on the blog. See where to send the review copies.