9/30 — Cynical Comic Book Guy Says…

I saw a guy reading the new Teen Titans on the bus and instead of thinking “Gee, that guy’s reading a comic on the bus! Awesome!” I thought, “Why is that idiot reading that piece of crap comic?”

comicbookguy

I see guys reading comics on my commute (I take a train in from the suburbs of Chicago) pretty often. Usually it is something pretty decent – the last one I remember is some guy rocking the latest “Walking Dead”. I read comics pretty often while commuting as well, and the only time I really feel self-conscious about it is when I’m reading something like a Vertigo book where nudity might randomly happen. Not because I think there is anything wrong with nudity in comics, I just don’t want a train full of people to decide I’m a pervert because I’m reading “Greek Street” or “Young Liars”.

At least he wasn’t reading “Uncanny”. You may just have had to move to a different bus if that was the case.

Why should you be happy just because someone is reading a comic on the bus if the comic is crappy? I think you actually had right reaction.

At least he wasn’t reading that REALLY crappy Teen Titans series from Wednesday Comics.

No reason to feel cynical about it. A bad comic is a bad comic. Just like a bad movie is a bad movie. No reason to feel the need to congratulate him for reading a comic in public or anything of the sort.

Ah, I’ve seen plenty “I saw someone reading a comic in public and that’s awesome!” statements over the years.

you should be thrilled that some one is reading a comic on the bus given the state of the industry has changed even if dc can not seem to figure out how to stop screwing up the titans. a comic being read in public is good and love the use of comic book guy

Hey, every comic is someone’s favorite.

Wait, who wrote the issue?

There are some OK issues of Teen Titans.

Just not within the last few years.

If you mean Teen Titans #75, then that’s a pretty rough call considering I’m not sure Felicia Henderson has EVER written a comic before so unless you already read the issue earlier in the day, you had no idea if it was good or not.

Granted, it’s PROBABLY not going to be good given the editing on the Titans over the last few years but I mean, it’s one thing if it’s a writer you know and all, but there’s literally no way of even accurately guessing if this comic would be good.

Unless you really hate Gossip Girl or something.

Lewis H. — “Joined”? What do you mean “joined”?

Well I was reading a Titans book on the 7 train last Wednesday in NYC and it encouraged at least 3 people to go and pick up the book.

Of course it was TINY Titans 2nd bookshelf and the new readers were under 6 years old but the kids were fascinated and their moms loved that they stopped making trouble to sit still and see the images. So I gave them the business card to my comic book shop.

My lil way to help the business. LOL

What I’m hearing of Teen Titans #75 sounds pretty good, but it’s sounding like Felicia Henderson definitely has some kinks to work out. Still, the book might be on the road to recovery. I hope so; I like the Titans.

Well, there’s another way to look at it: you might be cynical because you’re just so amazed to find another person reading a comic.

“It’s hard to argue against cynics – they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side”
Molly Ivins

“Idealism is what precedes experience, cynicism is what follows.”
David Wolf

Once again, we see that comic fans are the medium’s own worst enemies. :(

Sijo — Are you referring to me or the guy on the bus? (I’m guessing the former, whereas I’d argue for the latter…)

FunkyGreenJerusalem

September 30, 2009 at 5:43 pm

I get more embarrassed when it’s ‘almost nudity’ in a superhero comic.
Y’know, the female character is naked except for some strands of hair over her nipples and a wisp of steam from the shower covering her pink bits.
Actual nudity or sex I’m fine with having on a page – I lost the fear after reading American Psycho on public transport (there’s a book that gets you scared that granny is reading over your shoulder) – but this unsexy attempts at fan service that goes both too far, but not far enough… that’s what I get embarrassed to be seen reading, in case any body thinks my view on sex/sexuality is as retarded as that of the writer/artist/editor/genre’s.

True story – I was on the subway going to my (ex)girlfriend’s house, years ago. A guy and his son, about eleven or twelve, sees me reading either Bendis’ Avengers or Brubaker’s Captain America. The guy’s talking to his kid about comics, how he used to read them. He’s pointing out characters on the cover (must’ve been Avengers), the kid seems to be digging it. We get to chatting. The kid had never read a comic book. So I say, just as my stop’s coming up, “Well, we’ll change that.” And gave the kid the comic. The kid took it and thanked me. The dad was so touched, he reached in his pocket and gave me an airplane size bottle of booze. Whisky. Fairly good whisky, as plastic airplane bottles of whisky go.

Did I mention the dad was kinda creepy and the kid looked totally bored until I actually gave him the comic?

(Countdown to snark about Bendis in five … four … three …)

“Countdown to _____________________ in five … four … three …”

Wow. That’s still being used?

FunkyGreenJerusalem

September 30, 2009 at 6:28 pm

MAybe he was on his way to receive a father of the year trophy.

“Congratulations, you have joined the ever swelling ranks of arrogant a-holes who think that just because they don’t like a particular comic noone else should either.”

I’m having a banner with that whole message made up for you, Nevett. I wanted to get you a cake, but they couldn’t fit all that on there. Too bad. I think having the Titans characters on it would have really enhanced the message.

“Once again, we see that comic fans are the medium’s own worst enemies.”

Indeed. If people read more good books, instead of crappy ones, the medium would produce more good books, instead of crappy ones, and we’d all benefit.

I HATE TOM SERVO’S NEW VOICE!

This is something that is only ever said by people defending mediocre/bad mainstream media. You’ll notice you never hear the independent, artsy crowd saying this shit when someone criticizes the stuff they like. They tend to argue the merits, instead of just saying, “You’re mean! I like this, so it has value!”

Was he reading the McKeever Ravager back-up? I’ve been curious about reading that but can’t stomach paying $4 for 9 pages to find out (I might be too much of a Spider-man Loves Mary Jane fanboy for my own good though)

I think people giving Chad crap could should back off (partially because that’s my job; my thoughts are randomer, you Canuck!), but I don’t really think we should have a taste rumble on the merits of Teen Titans. If people like it, fine, and as noble as Dan’s sentiment is, I really doubt crappy crap will ever stop being crapped, even if people stop reading certain crappy comics.

Or, I think Chad’s response is fine and deserving of a banner, but it would have been less so had he harassed the person for reading said presumptive crappy comic.

T.
September 30, 2009 at 12:18 pm

Better question: Why should you care either way?

And pretty much all of their arguments regarding “merit” break down into 1 of 2 categories: (A) “It has value because I/we like it” and/or (B) “It has no value because it’s mainstream.” Both of which are piles of elitist crap.

FunkyGreenJerusalem

September 30, 2009 at 9:13 pm

1. Way too generalise the majority of people with different taste to your own as ‘arrogant arseholes’.
Really makes it clear you’re arguing objectively, and not just pissed off because someone makes you feel like an idiot because they said something mean about something you don’t like.

2. Do ‘they’ (the unnamed majority) think no one should like a work because they don’t like it, or do they not like it because it’s a bad work, and thus think it’s a waste of people’s time?

3. How are superhero fans not a bunch of ‘arrogant arseholes’ for not reading every book and not all having the same character, team or even publishing company?
Why do they escape for having personal tastes, but people who like comics outside of the realms of people in tights hitting each other aren’t allowed to?

Tired of people thinking you’ve got bad taste, hey?

Because really, most people are able to tell you why they like a book based on it’s actual merits – though if you open with ‘Chris Ware sucks! His stories are boring, depressing, and he draws way too small, no wonder he’s on an indie book’ then you probably aren’t going to get much of a discussion out of them.
(Just so you know, I don’t think storywise Jimmy Corrigan is as good as people hold it up – I didn’t like it that much – however, that doesn’t mean it’s not a great work).

Fun Fact: I read Ware, Spiegelman, Seth, Tomine and a bunch of other elitist bullshit AND I also read a bunch of superhero books (Superman books, Batman books, last purchase was three Wonder Woman trades) and I still wouldn’t be seen reading Teen Titans.
That’s how much it sucks!

Well, no they don’t. See, I’m right, because I said so the most recently!

But, really, that’s a flawed argument tactic. You’re saying, “Your statement is actually incorrect, because what you’re referring to is not what you’re referring to.” I say that arguments of merit include explanations of symbolism, metaphor, and emotional resonance and you say that those don’t actually exist. That’s not an argument, that’s a dismissal. If you want to just be dismissive toward me, that’s your prerogative. I do it toward others all the time. But don’t try to dress it up as an argument of the facts.

The “arrogant a-hole” argument comes from an assumption. It’s totally possible, and very likely, that the critic has specific reasons for disliking the (let’s use comic, for ease of discussion). But the fan who likes the bad comic doesn’t have any explanation for their enjoyment beyond “I like it”. They project that mentality onto the critic, thinking, “They must just hate it emotionally”, which sets the critic up as someone who is attacking someone for their joy, out of meanness. But the truth is more likely that the critic perceives flaws in the comic, and has to then assume that the fan enjoys those flaws, which from the critic’s perspective, makes the fan worthy of critique.

You’ll find that most criticizers will gladly explain their dislike of something with reasons far beyond what you claim. Just ask. You’ll also find that most criticizers will point out when something is not to their taste, but they can recognize the merit in it.

And whenever someone uses the term “elitist”, they instantly give themselves away as a fan of lowbrow entertainment who has a complex about it. Like what you like, but don’t try to disguise it as something it’s not.

What I want to know: why is being an elitist a bad thing?

That’s in respone to kalorama, of course.

Welcome to the top of the hill, Nevett.

FunkyGreenJerusalem

September 30, 2009 at 9:39 pm

What I want to know: why is being an elitist a bad thing?

Because it involves independent thinking, certainty, and confidence.

That seems to freak the shit out of people.

I know it was in response there… meant to be a general question since ‘elitist’ is always thrown out as an insult — but why is it a bad thing? I’ve never understood that.

Way to write a response not even remotely related to anything I actually wrote. I never said, nor do I think, people with different tastes than mine are arrogant a-holes, a fact demonstrated out quite clearly in the opening line of my post, which questions why anyone would even care whether the comic book they see a complete stranger reading on the bus is “good” or “bad.” I do, however, think that people who criticize people for not liking things they do simply because the like them are arrogant a-holes. I’ve known quite a few of those people and they all fll under the “artsier-than-thou banner.

” Tired of people thinking you’ve got bad taste, hey?”

Can’t be tired of something that’s never happened (to say nothing of the fact that, since taste is a matter of personal preference and subjective opinion there really is no such thing as “bad taste” only taste you don’t like). But the very fact that you asked that question (to say nothing of the tone of your response) pretty much underscores my point.

“The “arrogant a-hole” argument comes from an assumption.”

You mean like “assuming” that someone is an “idiot” because you see him reading a comic book you don’t like?

“It’s totally possible, and very likely, that the critic has specific reasons for disliking the (let’s use comic, for ease of discussion).”

I’m sure he does. I’m equally sure that pointing that out is quite clearly irrelevant to the actual point of the argument, which is: How does one person’s dislike of “the comic” justify denigrating or insulting someone else for liking it? Answer: It doesn’t. And the only people who think otherwise are the kind of people who are arrogant enough to assume that their personal tastes stand as some kind of universal measuring stick for determining what is or isn’t “good.”

Oops. Forgot the tag closers. Let’s try that again:

“The “arrogant a-hole” argument comes from an assumption.”

FunkyGreenJerusalem

September 30, 2009 at 10:10 pm

“Would that be the same independent, artsy crowd that is predominantly populated by arrogant a-holes who think that just because they don’t like a particular comic (or movie, or book, or anything), then no one else should either?”

It seems you think the independent artsy crowd are made up mostly of arrogant arseholes.
Unless I misread and you consider yourself part of the indie artsy crowd.
In that case you’re just sick of arrogant arseholes, but I don’t think that’s what you meant (because I didn’t misread).

I don’t criticize people who like Dan Brown because I don’t like the book, I criticize them for being able to read more than a page of some of the most poorly written slop I’ve ever laid eyes upon.
I think less of them because they are so ready to give up on good prose and characterisation just to find out what happens next.
And then, because of that, their opinions will matter less to me when discussing other works, because they’ve shown their standards to be more lax.

No, there’s bad taste.
It’s the taste of someone who likes books/films/anything regardless of it’s flaws.

FunkyGreenJerusalem

September 30, 2009 at 10:14 pm

Well, Chad didn’t say it to the guy, he thought it to himself.

If he’d gone up and given the guy shit for reading a book he enjoyed, we’d probably all be giving Chad some shit.

Did you miss that part where everyone said ‘I think you’ll find these people aren’t using their personal tastes as the measuring stick’.
Or are you just ignoring it?
You should read it, or stop ignoring it, because it’s a big hole in your argument – and as it’s based largely on assumptions, you’ll probably want to fix it to stay afloat.

Reading this comment section I start to wonder why some people even read this blog. I mean seriously, you’re going to start moaning about “arrogant elitist assholes” over an issue of Teen Titans? There’s a reason this blog is called “Comics Should Be Good.”

If you’re honestly upset about stuff like this, perhaps /co/ on 4chan would be more your speed? Don’t worry, you’ll fit right in, they all love Blackest Night and will call out any of those arrogant indie comics fans for being the “pretentious hipster faggots” that they are if anyone dares speak ill about any aspect of the DC universe.

“I mean seriously, you’re going to start moaning about “arrogant elitist assholes” over an issue of Teen Titans?”

That made me laugh out loud at work.

The inital article is quite funny though, I live in England and read tpb’s on the bus and I do feel self concious at times, but as oppose to some else who commented I feel a bit less so when Im reading say Scalped or DMZ than I do reading say Captain America or New Avengers (You elitists better not mock me for reading NA !!! :) ) Dont know why, probably because in the last 5 years of me reading comics on busses Ive never ever seen another person reading one, none of my friends read them either. I still do it though Im not embarrased but I would not expect praise for doing so by another comic reading passenger either.

I think the fact that people are reading comics in general, whether good or bad, is a good thing. You may think Teen Titans sucks, but who knows, maybe it’s a gateway title that’ll lead him to something better.

I kinda chuckled at the OP, as it gives the impression of a kind of a geek-pride followed immediately by regretful geek-shame.

some poor bastard was minding his own bizness reading a comic on the bus, now completely unbeknowst to him that poor bastard is the topic of a 50+ comment discussion about the state of the comic book industry, personal enjoyment versus critical assesment of a work of authorship, and the nature and purpose of elitism.

god bless the internet.

Just because someone reads a comic does not mean he likes that comic. That guy may very well have been thinking, “boy, this Teen Titans comic sucks, I wish I had something else to read on this bus ride.”

Everyone has their own tastes, not really sure it’s appropriate to criticize a random person on their taste or having any feeling of superiority. Sure you can debate with your friends, but taste is a personal thing.

I have no problem with making snide comments in your head (‘hehehe, he’s reading a punisher book, what type of rednecks would want to read about a homocidal maniac? I’m guessing he’s one of those that think the Punisher has heroic qualities” or “hehehe, he’s reading The Boys, man, talk about waste of money” or that type of stuff) but of course everyone has their own taste, and just because you think it’s unsophisticated or simple, doesn’t mean their taste doesn’t have validity. American Idol gets good ratings, Dan Browns books are consistent best sellers, someone actually watched enough fast and furious movies to get them to make sequels—-to each their own.

I’m glad to see anyone reading comics, heck I’m glad to see anyone reading anything period(well almost, there are political books that just hasten the dumbing down of America) in this day and age, literacy seems to be an option not a necessity.

It’s entirely possible that the guy reading Teen Titans on the bus also had a Promethea trade and a copy of Jimmy Corrigan in his bag, he just happened to be reading Teen Titans at that moment. If that possibility is true, then he wouldn’t need to justify himself intellectually for reading the DC comic.

For that matter, he wouldn’t need to justify himself PERIOD for reading Teen Titans. I’m sure everyone here has apparently childish and simple things they enjoy.

I don’t think the problem is with reading something childish and simple but with reading something awful. I’d rather see someone read a simple and childish well done comic than a horribly done mature and complicated book.

randypan the goat boy

May 28, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Once upon a time…when sandman was dcs best book[summer 1992] I was involved witha discussion about comics. A friend of mine was listening to me expose the virtues of sandman and politley disagreeing with me when i told him his books were crap[ to be fair he was reading ren and stimpy and sebastian the crab]. sure i was reading literature and he was reading about the sidekick to the little mermaid. i was sure i was right untill it dawned on me. More people know who sebastian the crab was and when I tried explaining sandman to them they would have the same look on their faces as a dog who had just been shown a card trick. Stupidity and mediocrity will always appeal to the lowest common denominator. and the people who try to light the way for the ignorant masses get shit thrown at them…sad but true

@randypan the goat boy

I’ll take the guy reading a crappy Teen Titans over a douchy, arrogant snob like you any day.

randypan the goat boy

May 29, 2011 at 11:04 am

Wow…When im right im right. but if its all the same to you i would rather you not “take” me anywhere. You misunderstood the point i was attempting to make[ surprise surprise]. my point was that just because i dont like something doesnt mean it isnt any good. Im sure that sebastian the crab was a great comic in its own way. I just raise the bar on my personal choices. So what if i dont want to blunt my reading skills on a comic that is beneath my notice. I happen to have many issues of teen Titans in my collection. they are just the issues that are worth reading. im sure that you had a collective fangasm when rob liefeld released youngblood on the world in 1992…Good for you. i am happy to see that mediocrity has its place in the world. i would appreciate you not trying to bring me down to your level because I have taste . If thats the case then I have good news for you…I just heard that The Teen Titans will be crossing over with youngblood to fight with poseidon..you might even get an appearance by sebstian the crab…under da sea …under de sea…hey man yer stupid take it from me. you can run and laugh and play while you waste your days away with all the bad comics that you can see …under de sea…under de sea…i feel so much better now

Now you are making assumptions about what I like or read or enjoy. You really are a d*ck with your condescending attitude. And as far as bringing you down to my level, dude, you are so far below me it’s not even funny. With an attitude like that, I doubt your “taste” in anything amounts to much. You seem to only be able to feel good by living under the false delusion that you having “taste” and avoiding “mediocrity” makes you better than other people. Maybe your just a shallow, insecure person, i don’t know. But propping yourself up like some cultured elitist snob doesn’t make your smarter or better than anyone, it just makes you an unlikeable, arrogant douchebag of the first order.

randypan the goat boy

May 29, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I never said i was smarter or better than anyone…just that i know whats worth reading. i would rather read a quarter bin version of a good book compaired to a delux “death spawn of blood blood omnibus”. i know that i have given you something to get all angry about, why you should give a fuck what i think is beyond me. but since by the defensive stance you have taken you have either…a] appointed yourself the defender of poor choices or b] you like flamming someone who enjoys a good comic as aposed to someone who reads any new release from Rob Liefeld. i think you should waste your time posting every issue of Youngblood that you own and educate the masses on what constitutes a well written comic . Im sure the fans of sebastian the crab are just waiting for you to validate their existence. I am going to do you a favor. i am going to say right now that all image comics are works of art and i cant wait for the next issue of x- something or other.The issues of teen titans that are not good are really great and every comic that sucks balls should be forced down the throat of everyone…so mediocrity can be the only voice out there. if you are happy with foil embossed copies of death spawn red and are currently waiting for whice portacio to finish wet works number 3 then you are truely a comic icon and you re whats keeping the industry afloat….Are you happy now jeff. or would you like to insult my mother. because im sure this is next on your agenda…Bones

Again, you are going around making assumptions about what I like when I have never made it clear what I do or do not like, nor have I mentioned what I read or like. I am not the defender of poor choices, I am not defending people who may have bought Youngblood or Spawn or whatever, just that your attitude of superiority makes you an unlikable person. If anything, you seem to have the problem because you like to belittle people whose tastes are “inferior” to yours. You are the one who keeps bringing up Younglood and Sebastian the Crab, not me, it seems to be your fetish, not mine. For the record, I have never bought nor read a Younglood or Spawn or Image comic in my life, but if others did, why do you have to shit all over them for their choices? Who appointed you the guardian of what constitutes good taste and quality? You might have the right idea, but your attitude probably turns off more people to your argument than it convinces. What might be mediocre to you, others enjoy. You seem to need this validation, with your condescending attitude, because clearly if I think you come off as an arrogant d*ickwad, it must because I have lowbrow tastes for foil embossed copies of death spawn red and are currently waiting for whice portacio to finish wet works number 3. I mean, it’s impossible for somebody to have tastes similar to yours and still find you to be a jerk and feel people should have the right to read what they want without making them feel like they are doing something wrong….no, obviously, anybody who disagrees with you has shallow mediocre tastes. No, no need to insult your mother, you’re the one who is being a hamster prick.

randypan the goat boy

May 29, 2011 at 10:19 pm

You meaning ” THE UNWASHED MASSES” Not you meaning ” SOME DUDE NAMED JEFF WITH AN AFFINITY FOR HAMPSTER PRICKS?” For the life of me i cant see why you still feel the need to tell me im an arrogant prick…Trust me I know. But My opinion is my own, and if you keep posting me without interuption people are going to think ive broken up with you. And trust me if i was to break up with you it would be because of all the damn copies of Youngblood and sebastian the crab that you keep leaving on the floor of the bathroom. thats were i go to excavate my colon…are you trying to make me sick with all that shit? Dude i keep saying that to each his own…I cant dumb it down any more that that…ok i will try…ALL COMIX R GOOD. EVEN THE ONEZ THAT SUCK…THEYR HAS NEVER EVER BEEN A BAD COMIC COME OUT OF ANY COMPANY EVER…THIS INCLUDES ALL THE SMALL PRES CRAP FROM THE 80’S. and it goes double for every issue of Youngblood. they are all good…FOR ME TO POOOOOOP ON…LOLI eagerly await the next round of the game you invented called ” you suck because you are a comic book elitist who likes well written and well thought out stories with a twist of absurdity mixed in with surrealism that cant be found in sebastian the crab’… seriously dude..the game is a mouthfull and by the time you finish asking me if i want to play i have fallen asleep?..goodnight punkin

Actually, I think people will think you seem to have some secret fetish for Youngblood and Sebastion the crab, or you did when you were younger and are now ashamed of it. And I do apologize for calling you a hamster prick, I realize now it is insulting to hamster pricks everywhere. Maybe i’m the one who needs to dumb it down some more, you still don’t seemt og et what I am saying. But, considering how you seem to get a rise out of pole vaulting onto your high horse and looking down on others, I guess it’s hard to understand what people are saying. In any case, goodnight, ball sack.

randypan the goat boy

May 30, 2011 at 8:35 am

TELL ME HOW TO REACH THROUGH THAT MELON ON YOUR KNECK……..I feel like the Miracle worker on day 2. I keep trying to teach you how to say ” my name is helen keller ” and all im getting back is ” mnaaahh muuhhh mmmaaalpp wooonkkaa”. In truley flattered and a little confused by your fascination with me.So im going to throw you an easy one.im going to say something that we both now to incorrect and then you can flame me back with your hand raised in victory..are you ready?…FIRE IS COLD…. I ran a comic shop a long time ago, and it would appear that the ghosts of my most hard headed customers have come back to argue with me the merits of Rob Liefeld. and once a week i would put out some really good comics to try to raise the bar.ararently grant morrison’s run on Doom Patrol and animal man was a little to much for the ardent readers of such great comics as the aformentioned Youngblood and gaurdians of of the galaxy. I used to lose sleep at night when a group of lesser intellectual mongoloids would come in to buy 15 issues of x men munber 1 and ignore the comics that relied on such gimmicks as story instead of foil enhanced covers and 0 issues and the ever popular alternate cover with a polybag . because everyone was so sure that they were going to buy multiple copies of these comics and cash in a few deacdes later. i became the lone voice in the wilderness shouted down by the unwashed masses who demanded their death spawn of blood blood with the foil enhanced cover…who needs writers when artists can do it all. this almost led to the death of comics because when the bubble burst and the industry fell on its ass, the industry had to change..and they did this with stories. and real writers. a lot of whom were inspired by neil gaiman and alan moore and grant morrison. by raising the bar and telling compelling stories the comic book industry has evolved. and by me telling people that bad comics only begat more bad comics adds up to being a bad thing…guilty as charged. But at the same time , i never said i was the arbiter of what was good and bad in comics…But you dont need to take a bite out of a turd to know it tastes bad. i hope this clears all this up for you…

randypan the goat boy

May 30, 2011 at 8:52 am

God damn…i am typo man…if my last post was an english exam i would be deported to mexico…fuck me runnin i feel stupid now. I guess I deserve to read Youngblood now. Did you ever notice that the youngblood team was always trying to invade some other place..x force was to now that you mention it…wait a minute….you dont think that means Rob liefeld is a no talent hack do you?..I feel so disalusioned. i am going to go sleep in my shame closet now

And…you still come off like a prick. I guess you can’t help yourself. Must be something inbred about you. Too bad you couldn’t pick up some of the wit that you read from the works of Morrison and Gaimen and Moore, because lord knows those were truly flat and awful jokes.

Also, what’s a kneck?

Sorry, but I’m just getting tired of receiving these lame messages. And Jeff, stop provoking him and move on.
That’s his opinion, leave him to it. Just like you have your opinion, he has his. You don’t come off any better than he does.

Brian, is there a way to unsubscribe from a thread?

randypan the goat boy

May 30, 2011 at 9:13 am

I dont know what I have to do here. I put my opinion on the thread down and i get attacked for it. i play along and try to explain myself and still get attacked for it. i even try to lighten the mood by ripping on myself and guess what…i get attacked for it. If you dont allow opinions on this board please say so. but if you dont then all you have going is an echo chamber. I dont see what i was doing wrong. i had an opinion , and i shared the opinion. Someone disagrees and calls me an arrogant douche . Im calling shenanigans here….