Matt & Foggy Hit The Street In First "Daredevil" Season 2 Set Pics
Here is the latest cool comic book moment in our year-long look at one cool comic book moment a day (in no particular order whatsoever)! Here‘s the archive of the moments posted so far!
The look at Darwyn Cooke’s New Frontier continues!
There’s a lot going on here in this moment from New Frontier #4, so let me see if I can explain it all…
1. Hal Jordan is trying to be part of this space mission that Rick Flagg is doing. He gets scrubbed by Flagg. Jordan is naturally pissed.
2. Flagg’s rocket (now flown only by Flagg and Karin Grace) has a malfunction, and is now drifting back towards Earth and certain death upon re-entry.
3. People don’t know that the rocket is filled with all sorts of nasty stuff designed to kill Martians. If it explodes in the Earth’s atmosphere, well, that’s bad.
4. First, Flagg apologizes to Hal, telling him that during World War II, Flagg was in a squadron with King Faraday (the fellow in charge of the space mission), Ace Morgan (of the Challengers of the Unknown) and Martin Jordan, Hal’s father. Flagg scrubbed Hal because he knew the odds of surviving the mission were slim, and he saved Hal for his father.
5. Out of nowhere, Ace Morgan and his Challengers come up with an attempt to save Rick and Karin from their rocket, not knowing that in doing so, they would be dooming Earth (as the rocket would explode in Earth’s atmosphere with no one to keep it from doing so).
6. So King Faraday is killing in the big guns…
It’s hard to pick THE moment out of this sequence. What do you folks think? Superman flying away with the Challengers? Rick and Karin exploding the rocket? The final shot of Faraday at their graves?
Comics Should Be Good accepts review copies. Anything sent to us will (for better or for worse) end up reviewed on the blog. See where to send the review copies.