X-POSITION: "Extraordinary X-Men's" Lemire Plans the Fall of Kingdoms
In honor of the fiftieth anniversary of Spider-Man, we’re going to be doing four straight months of polls having to do with Spider-Man, culminating with the release of the Amazing Spider-Man film in July. Future installments will deal with Spider-Man creators, Spider-Man characters and Spider-Man stories, but this month will be about Spider-Man covers.
Here, you’ll be casting your vote for what you feel are the greatest Spider-Man covers of all-time – the covers that you think are the best drawn, the most memorable, the most striking, the most iconic, whatever you think of when you think of the word “greatest.”
You folks all vote in the comments section here up until 11:59 Pacific time, March 20th. I’ll tabulate all the votes and I’ll begin a countdown of the top 50, five a day beginning March 21 1st.
Okay, here are the guidelines!
1. Vote in the comments section below, making sure to include that classic word “ACBC” somewhere in your comment so your vote will be marked invisible.
2. Vote for the TEN covers that you feel are the greatest Spider-Man covers of all-time.
3. Rank your ten from #1 (what you think is the greatest cover) to #10 (what you think is the 10th greatest). I’d prefer it if you actually numbered your entry, #1-10. It’s easier for me to count. On that note, please also avoid listing them like this “1) 2) 3) 4),” because 8 with a ) after it transforms into a smiley face in the comments section (this one 8) ). Just plain ol’ “1. 2. 3.” works best.
4. Your top choice will be given 10 points, your second choice 9, etc.
5. Ultimate Spider-Man covers count. As do covers from any other comic book. It doesn’t have to be a Spider-Man comic. It just has to feature Spider-Man and fit into what you consider to be one of the greatest Spider-Man covers.
6. Make sure to include ACBC in your ballot.
If you have questions and or requests for clarification, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.
Remember, please include the following word: ACBC – on your ballot. It will make it so your ballot appears invisible to other readers, so only I can read it (and count your vote secretly).
If you want to look at some covers, the great Grand Comic Book Database has a searchable database of every Spider-Man cover ever!
Most importantly, have fun!
Comics Should Be Good accepts review copies. Anything sent to us will (for better or for worse) end up reviewed on the blog. See where to send the review copies.