"Ghostbusters": 11 Things the Sequel Needs to Do to Succeed
In honor of the seventy-fifth anniversary of Batman (which I believe technically was this past Sunday), we’re going to be doing four straight months of polls having to do with Batman. Future installments will deal with Batman creators, Batman villains and Batman stories, but this month will be about Batman covers.
Here, you’ll be casting your vote for what you feel are the greatest Batman covers of all-time – the covers that you think are the best drawn, the most memorable, the most striking, the most iconic, whatever you think of when you think of the word “greatest.”
You folks all vote in the comments section here up until 11:59 Pacific time, March 20th. I’ll tabulate all the votes and I’ll begin a countdown of the top 75 (ten a day until the top 25, when it’ll become five a day) beginning March 22nd.
Okay, here are the guidelines!
1. Vote in the comments section below, making sure to include that classic word “ACBC” somewhere in your comment so your vote will be marked invisible.
2. Vote for the TEN covers that you feel are the greatest Batman covers of all-time.
3. Rank your ten from #1 (what you think is the greatest cover) to #10 (what you think is the 10th greatest). I’d prefer it if you actually numbered your entry, #1-10. It’s easier for me to count. On that note, please also avoid listing them like this “1) 2) 3) 4),” because 8 with a ) after it transforms into a smiley face in the comments section (this one 8) ). Just plain ol’ “1. 2. 3.” works best.
Here is a template you can use…
TEN GREATEST BATMAN COVERS
4. Your top choice will be given 10 points, your second choice 9, etc.
5. It doesn’t have to be an actual Batman comic book. If you believe some issue of the Justice League had the greatest Batman cover on it, go for it. I presume we’ll be mostly seeing actual Batman comics, but hey, whatever you folks want to vote for.
6. Make sure to include ACBC in your ballot.
If you have questions and or requests for clarification, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.
Remember, please include the following word: ACBC – on your ballot. It will make it so your ballot appears invisible to other readers, so only I can read it (and count your vote secretly).
If you want to look at some covers, the great Grand Comics Database has a searchable database of every Batman cover ever!
Most importantly, have fun!
Comics Should Be Good accepts review copies. Anything sent to us will (for better or for worse) end up reviewed on the blog. See where to send the review copies.