Martin Freeman Joins "Captain America: Civil War" Cast
In honor of the seventy-fifth anniversary of Batman, we’re going to be doing four straight months of polls having to do with Batman. Future installments will deal with Batman creators and stories, but this month will be about Batman friends and foes.
Batman has both a rich and varied supporting cast plus a killer Rogues Gallery, so here you will be casting your vote for who you feel are the greatest Batman villains as well as the greatest Batman friends/associates of all-time!
You folks all vote in the comments section here up until 11:59 Pacific time, April 18th. I’ll tabulate all the votes and I’ll begin a countdown of the top 75 beginning April 21st.
Okay, here are the guidelines!
1. Vote in the comments section below, making sure to include that classic word “ACBC” somewhere in your comment so your vote will be marked invisible.
2. Vote for your TEN favorite Batman villains as well as your TEN favorite Batman supporting cast members/associates/fellow superheroes. So you’ll be listing 20 characters in total.
3. Rank each list of ten from #1 (what you think is the greatest character) to #10 (what you think is the 10th greatest). I’d prefer it if you actually numbered your entry, #1-10. It’s easier for me to count. On that note, please also avoid listing them like this “1) 2) 3) 4),” because 8 with a ) after it transforms into a smiley face in the comments section (this one 8) ). Just plain ol’ “1. 2. 3.” works best.
Here is a template for how your list should look:
TEN GREATEST BATMAN VILLAINS
TEN GREATEST BATMAN ALLIES
4. Your top choice will be given 10 points, your second choice 9, etc.
5. On the friends list, do not vote for teams, like the Justice League or the Outsiders. Just list individual heroes. So, for instance, list Black Lightning not the Outsiders, Superman not the Justice League, etc.
6. As for villain teams, the general rule of thumb is, “Did they first fight Batman as a team?” If the answer is yes, then they can be voted on as a team. If no, then no.
7. You can put Catwoman and Talia Al Ghul on either list or both, if you so choose.
8. For simplicity’s sake, just go with Dick Grayson, Barabra Gordon, Jason Todd and Tim Drake instead of their superhero identities, because they’ve each had multiple identities. Although if you really want to just say Nightwing, Oracle, Red Hood and Red Robin, I’ll accept them accordingly. But if you just say “Batgirl” or just say “Robin” then I won’t know who you mean.
9. Make sure to include ACBC in your ballot.
If you have questions and or requests for clarification, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.
Remember, please include the following word: ACBC – on your ballot. It will make it so your ballot appears invisible to other readers, so only I can read it (and count your vote secretly).
Most importantly, have fun!
Comics Should Be Good accepts review copies. Anything sent to us will (for better or for worse) end up reviewed on the blog. See where to send the review copies.