Russo Brothers: "Avengers: Infinity War 1 & 2" to be Retitled
In honor of the seventy-fifth anniversary of Batman, we’re going to be doing four months of polls having to do with Batman, culminating by DC’s official celebration of Batman’s 75th anniversary on July 23rd. Future installments will deal with Batman stories, but this month will be about Batman friends and foes.
Batman has both a rich and varied history of amazing artists and writers, so here you will be casting your vote for who you feel are the greatest Batman writers as well as the greatest Batman artists.
You folks all vote in the comments section here up until 11:59 Pacific time, June 2nd. I’ll tabulate all the votes and I’ll begin a countdown of the top 75 beginning June 5th.
Okay, here are the guidelines!
1. Vote in the comments section below, making sure to include that classic word “ACBC” somewhere in your comment so your vote will be marked invisible.
2. Vote for your TEN favorite Batman artists as well as your TEN favorite Batman writers. So you’ll be listing 20 people in total.
3. Rank each list of ten from #1 (what you think is the greatest artist/writer) to #10 (what you think is the 10th greatest). I’d prefer it if you actually numbered your entry, #1-10. It’s easier for me to count. On that note, please also avoid listing them like this “1) 2) 3) 4),” because 8 with a ) after it transforms into a smiley face in the comments section (this one 8) ). Just plain ol’ “1. 2. 3.” works best.
Here is a template for how your list should look:
TEN GREATEST BATMAN WRITERS
TEN GREATEST BATMAN ARTISTS
4. Your top choice will be given 10 points, your second choice 9, etc.
5. Clearly, people can be on both lists. So Frank Miller, say, can be your 7th favorite writer and your 5th favorite artist or whatever.
6. I’d prefer you limit yourself to writers and artists who covered Batman just in actual Bat-books (including Brave and the Bold), but if you really think that a Justice League writer or artist handled Batman well enough to be on your list, go for it.
7. Make sure to include ACBC in your ballot.
8. As always, I’ll make final decisions as I see fit.
If you have questions and or requests for clarification, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.
Remember, please include the following word: ACBC – on your ballot. It will make it so your ballot appears invisible to other readers, so only I can read it (and count your vote secretly).
Most importantly, have fun!
Comics Should Be Good accepts review copies. Anything sent to us will (for better or for worse) end up reviewed on the blog. See where to send the review copies.